Dr. Yazmine Marimon
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Psychotherapist and licensed mental health counselor with great success in her private practice. Specialized in sexual dysfunctions, sexual intimacy and communication, trauma and addiction. Her practiced has developed internationally offering services in Spanish and English and online therapy.
Grades & Certificates
- Doctorate in Clinical Sexology. International Institute of clinical Sexology Miami, Florida.
- Master in Mental Health Counseling. Nova Southeastern University, Florida.
- Bachelor in Psychology. Havana University, Cuba.
- Sex Therapy Certification. Sex therapy Training Institute, Miami Florida.
- Training in Encounter – Centered Couples Therapy. Hedy and Yumi Schleifer
- Certified Addiction Professional (CAP). International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium) and Florida Certification Board (FCB)
- Substance Abuse Professional Certification (SAP). The association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC).
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Basic and Advance Certification. (EMDRIA approved)
Practice & Expertise in the field:
- More than 10 years of experience in mental health counseling, relationship and couples therapy, sex therapy and sexual education, addiction and trauma.
- Developed workshops about sexuality and relationships to different groups (adolescents, women, mental health professionals).
- Assistant in the workshop “Adventure in Intimacy” with Hedy and Yumi Schleifer. Miami, Florida.
- Instructor, Havana University, Cuba; Anahuac Universidad, México; Doxa University, USA; Sex therapy Training Institute, USA.
- Member American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Developing a Certification in Sex Therapy in Spanish. Institute of Sex therapy. Miami, Florida.